1 pint heavy cream
1 pint half & half
12 egg yolks
2 2/3 Cups sugar
1 bean vanilla beans
1. Split vanilla beans in center and strip insides with knife blade.
2. Scald cream and half & half and vanilla beans.
3. Separate yolk into mixing bowl, add sugar beat until light yellow in color.
4. Temper cream mixture into yolks, combine together.
5. Strain through chinoise or fine strainer.
6. Ice bath and cover top with parchment to prevent a skin from forming.
7. Pour 3/4 c. into flat dish and chill for service.
8. Sprinkle sugar on top and place under broiler for 1 minute. Watch carefully so not to burn!