1 oz. olive oil
12 oz. weight of onions
8 oz. weight of carrots
½ gallon Stone Crab Shells
1 cup white wine
½ cup Brandy
½ gallon vegetable stock
1 gallon cream
2 each of bay leaves
½ oz. weight black pepper
3 oz. weight tomato paste
Salt (to taste)
White pepper (to taste)
1 tbsp. corn starch
3 oz. water
1. In stockpot, heat olive oil.
2. Add onions, celery, and carrots
3. Add stone crab shells, sauté for 15 minutes.
4. Add white wine and brandy. Reduce.
5. Add vegetable stock; reduce by half.
6. Add heavy cream, bay leaves, black pepper.
7. Simmer for 15-20 minutes on medium heat.
8. Add tomato paste, crab base, salt and white pepper. Cook for another 8 to 10 minutes, then strain.
9. Make slurry with corn starch and water, add to bisque and simmer for 5 minutes. 10. Cool in ice water bath.
11. Label, date and store.
Garnish soup with crab meat and small dice of sautéed carrots, onions, and celery.
¼ cups onion, minced
¼ cups carrot, minced
¼ cups celery, minced
1 tbl butter
Pinch salt and white pepper
? cups stone crab meat
Pinch parsley, chopped
Pinch fresh thyme (optional)
1. Sauté onion until clear.
2. Add carrots and celery and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Season and cool on a sheet pan.
4. When cool, mix with crab meat and parsley.