Pistachio Creme Brulee
8 egg yolks
1 quart heavy cream 1 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean
1 teaspoon pistachio paste
1. Bring the cream to a boil with the vanilla bean.
2. Mix eggs yolks and sugar until you have a white, creamy consistency.
3. Add the hot cream to the mix very carefully and slowly. Remove the vanilla bean, and add the pistachio paste and let infuse overnight.
4. The next day, pour the mix into a crème brulee dish, cover with foil and cook in a water bath in a 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
5. Let the crème brulee cool off and then caramelize with sugar.