Chicken Alla Joe
Chicken Alla Joe was created by Adorno "Joe" Pacini, a 37 year veteran waiter of Gene & Georgetti. He created the dish upon the request of one of his customers.
1 roasting chicken, about 3 ¼ pounds
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
2 tsps oregano
? tsp dried red pepper flakes
2 tabsp olive oil
½ green, ½ red, ½ yellow bell pepper ? stemmed, seeded, and cut into broad strips or chunks
18 to 24 pepperoncini (an 11½ oz. jar), drained, rinsed and left whole
1 lemon cut in half
1. Pre-heat oven to 450° F.
2. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut chicken into serving pieces.
3. In a small mixing bowl, mix the salt, pepper, oregano and red pepper flakes together. Sprinkle half the mixture over the skin side of each piece.
4. In a roasting pan or shallow casserole heat olive oil. Add chicken pieces skin side down. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning over the pieces in the pan.
5. Place pan in over, and cook until pieces begin to brown, approximately 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven, turning the pieces and adding bell pepper strips/chunks and pepperoncini. Return to oven and cook until both chicken and peppers are tender, approximately 20 minutes.
6. Remove pan from oven. Take lemon halves and squeeze juice over chicken pieces. Remove pieces from pan and serve.
Makes 2 servings