Lombo Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Ingredients for dry rub:
12 dried ancho chilies
12 dried chipotle chilies
12 dried guajillo chiles
2 tablespoons mustard seed
Ingredients for the beans:
¼ lb slab bacon, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
2 cups great northern beans
Ingredients for the rest:
2 pork tenderloins, cleaned and cut in half evenly
½ lb spinach, cleaned and washed
12 ounces beef or chicken stock or broth
white truffle oil
salt and pepper
1. Set your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Roast the chilies 10 minutes and remove from the oven to cool.
3. Once cool, grind the chilies and mustard seeds into a fine powder using either a mortar and pestle or electric grinder.
4. Rub the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper then coat with the chili mixture.
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight so the pork will begin to cure.
6. In a saucepan, render the bacon over medium heat for eight to ten minutes.
7. Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
8. Add the beans, thyme, and a generous amount of salt, then add enough water to cover the beans completely.
9. Simmer for forty minutes or until the beans are tender.
10. Pre-heat a saute pan.
11. When the pan is hot but not smoking, add enough canola oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
12. Saute the tenderloins on all sides until they have a nice dark brown color.
13. Add the stock to the pan and place in a 500-degree oven for 7-9 minutes.
14. Remove the pan from the oven and lot the pork rest for 2-3 minutes.
15. In the meantime, add 1 T of butter to the stock over high heat.
16. Once the butter has melted and the stock has reduced , taste for seasoning and adjust according to taste.
17. Pre-heat a saute pan.
18. When the pan is hot but not smoking, add enough canola oil to cover the bottom of the pan, then add 1-Tbs. butter.
19. Saute the spinach for 1-2 minutes then season with salt and pepper.
20. Place the beans in the center of the plate and cover them with white truffle oil.
21. Place the spinach on top of the beans and put your sauce around them on the plate.
22. Slice your pork and place on the beans.