Crimson Clover at Gather
Memorial Day weekend is the ideal time to tinker around in the kitchen and craft the perfect spring cocktail. Pop by the farmers market for rhubarb and strawberries, and then grab your cocktail shaker. Gather’s Crimson Clover cocktail is a play on the classic Clover Club and a snap to make.
- 2 oz. Junipero Gin
- 3/4 oz. fresh rhubarb-strawberry syrup
- 3/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- Fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- Macerate strawberries and rhubarb: cut strawberries and rhubarb into small pieces, sprinkle them with sugar to taste, and allow them to sit until the juices are drawn out.
- Strain liquid from macerated fruit into a pot and boil until it reaches the desired consistency and concentration.
- Combine all ingredients and shake vigorously.
- Pour into a coupe glass. Garnish with mint if desired.
4539 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago