Some of Chicago’s top chefs will be cooking in a slightly different venue this summer – the Chicago Botanic Garden. Each Saturday and Sunday from May 25-October 6, chefs will be offering free cooking demos in the Regenstein Fruit & Vegetable Garden’s open-air amphitheater. Demos are at 1:30 pm and 2:30 pm, and chefs will be showing you how to use fruits and vegetables straight from the garden in delicious recipes.
The Regenstein Fruit & Vegetable Garden features fruits and vegetables that grow in the Midwest. You can also get tips on organic gardening, so you can grow your own dinner ingredients. Seating is first come, first served for the demos, and recipes will be posted on the Garden’s website.
Here’s a peek at the schedule:
- May 25: 312 Chicago’s Luca Corazzina
- June 8: Nieto'sNabor Vazquez
- June 22: The Fountainhead’s Cleetus Friedman
- August 3: The Florentine’s Chris Macchia
- August 25: South Water Kitchen’s Roger Waysok
- August 31: Shanghai Terrace at The Peninsula Chicago’s Ivan Yuen
- September 14: Pecking Order’s Kristine Subido
- October 5: Sable Kitchen & Bar’s Heather Terhune
Check out the full schedule here.
Chicago Botanic Garden
1000 Lake Cook Road, Glencoe
Amy Cavanaugh writes about food, drink, and travel for publications in Chicago and elsewhere. She is also the weekend editor of Chicagoist.
Follow Amy Cavanaugh on Twitter: @AmyCavanaugh